News International Sugar Journal

Uganda – New sugar factory to commence operations in June [Registered]

The new 2000 TCD sugar factory- Kaliro Sugar factory will commence production in June. The factory is owned by Sugar & Allied Industries Limited, a subsidiary of the Alam Group of Companies. In the first year, sugar production is likely to be 60,000 tonnes. This will increase to 105,000 tonnes as the factory becomes fully operational, according to informed sources at the factory. 20% of the cane will come from the factory’s 5000 acre (2023.4 ha) plantation. Crops will be rainfed and three ratoon crops taken. The remaining 80% of the cane will be supplied by some 18,000 acres from…

Login or sign up

Create an account

Lost your password?