News International Sugar Journal

Sri Lanka – Disused Kantale Sugar Factory to be renovated [Registered]

The government is making arrangements to reopen the Kantale Sugar Factory, according to the Land Development Minister M. K. D. S. Gunawardena, reports the local Daily News. During a visit at the factory premises, Minister Gunawardena said plans are underway to reopen the sugar factory which was shut down for 22 years. Factory renovation is expected to commence in the next few months. “We have taken a decision to grant 49% of this project to the investor. The remaining 51 percent will be owned by the government,” he added. Details of factory capacity, potential investment needed to revive the factory…

Login or sign up

Create an account

Lost your password?